Wednesday 27 February 2008

Well hello all
I am sitting in Detroit airport waiting for my connection to Washington. I have a week in the USA before me. First I am attending a board meeting of the National Advisory Board of the Long Term Ecological research projects funded by the National Science Foundation. Should be interesting...I have just joined the board but this is some of the best long term look at the interactions between humans and environments going on today- so I hope to learn things as well as contribute. From there, on Friday, I go to Madison, where I will hang out for the weekend with old friends. On Monday morning I fly to Boston to work with an interesting woman at Tufts University who is working on an index for human resilience. Back in Waterloo Tuesday night.
I have left Fred and Katie...both anxious about her next step...which will hopefully be entering into Homewood in Guelph for a month or so. This, I believe, has the most innovative rehabilitation program in Canada. Fingers crossed that she will find the help there which she deserves.
Love to you all. And lets do keep writing! Will, I see you are signed on...how about a status update. Dad...great poems...keep them coming
Francie

No comments: